Monday, September 17, 2012

PUA Convention

I was invited to go to the PUA convention this weekend in Hollywood for free as a photographer and bodyguard LOL!  Its funny 2 years ago, I went to the same convention and nobody knew me but I guess a lot can change in 2 years.

Mystery couldn't make it because he was stuck in Canada.  There were a lot of big names that showed up like Neil, Tyler, Matador.  Pick up really is an art.  You can tell from the coach level that everyone is different yet some how they are all able to do their thing, although some coaches are better than others haha.  There really is more than one style or method.  I think there are certain principles and characteristics that are key but after that, you can express it however you want.  There's usually a lot of Asians and Indian guys at these events but there were a lot less this year.  I even saw two buff Black dudes.  One was an engineer!  He must be secretly Asian on the inside.

One thing you always notice about these conventions is that every year, 90% of the people are new faces.  What can I say, the turn around rate for pick up is higher than a McDonald's drive through job.  Seriously everyone quits within 3-6 months.  One of the coaches straight up said: "95% of you will fail".  And then when he asked the audience to raise their hands if they consistently opened 25- 50 sets a week, out of a room of 100 people, less than 10 people raised their hands and those were the ones that I hung out with LOL!

I'm at the point where I just go to these events to chill and network and meet new people.  These conventions are great because you hear stories and perspectives from other people but like any seminar, going to it alone won't make you instantly better.  Pick up is such an action driven process that if you don't transform your notes into actionable goals, it really becomes a waste of time.  When I went to the PUA convention for the first time in Sept 2010, nothing had changed for 4 months until I actually started approaching in Feb of 2011.


The girl in the picture is Style's new girlfriend.  Btw, is it just me or is Style the only one from the original Game who doesn't look like hes aged a single day?  Look at his face, hes got less wrinkles than me!  Everyone else just got fat and old lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment